Highlights by Sonia Ortuondo, Representative of ENERLIS, Secretariat of the Network of Cities for the Innovation, Spain
A technical workshop took place in the Universitat Politècnica de València, focused on small and medium enterprises, as well as research and technological organisations, to share the lessons learnt during the implementation of PROMINENT MED. The main highlights of the experts who participated in the panels are gathered in the following lines.
Sonia Ortuondo, Representative of ENERLIS, Secretariat of the Network of Cities for the Innovation, Spain, highlighted the following items:
- The binomial between the local administration and the innovator ecosystem is one of the keys for the developing of new solutions to help cope with the upcoming challenges, by means of the mechanisms of public procurement.
- Public procurement of innovation is an instrument that all public administration can use to solve present and future needs oriented for the service to the citizens, that maybe cannot be solved by traditional solutions.
- By suggesting challenges, Public Procurement of Innovation provokes competence between companies to impulse innovation as an opportunity to get more share.
- Public Procurement of Innovation is not reactive, but active. It starts from the call of the administration. It becomes the core of boosting innovations on around the local administration and cross bordering.
- Public Procurement of Innovation helps impulse the modernisation of the local entities to add value not only from the perspective of solutions, but also to the administration procedures.
Check out her presentation for more details!
More experts to come and share knowledge about Public Procurement on Innovation in the following posts. Be aware!