Highlights by Salvador Martínez, representative of the Office of Development of the Valencian Regional Ministry of Universal Health, showcasing other PPI cases in Spain
A technical workshop took place in the Universitat Politècnica de València, focused on small and medium enterprises, as well as research and technological organisations, to share the lessons learnt during the implementation of PROMINENT MED. The main highlights of the experts who participated in the panels are gathered in the following lines.
Salvador Martínez, representative of the Office of Development of the Valencian Regional Ministry of Universal Health, showcasing other PPI cases in Spain highlighted that
- A third of the budget of the Valencian regional government is devoted to health, which serves for citizens which demand quality in all cases.
- Public procurement of innovation is a convincement, and therefore a team and regulatory frameworks is being developed to boost it.
- There are several initiates to boost innovation in the health sector, which incorporate a window for innovation where the companies can go to share their innovative solutions for the needs of the regional government.
- In addition, a Map of demand is ready, so the companies can adapt to the future needs, which allows enough time for reorienting efforts in the companies.
- Check out his presentation with specific showcasing examples of Public Procurement of Innovation in the health sector.
More experts to come and share knowledge about Public Procurement on Innovation in the following posts. Be aware!